Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Teddy's legal!

Teddy's legal! Day 14 by LaughingShutter
Teddy's legal! Day 14, a photo by LaughingShutter on Flickr.
Today was an interesting day.

Since I don't have class until 11:10am I slept in until 10am. I just had two and a half classes today because I had an unexpected trip to the police station to pick up my residence permit!

That's right, I'm not a foreign resident of Turkey! Now I just need my work permit and I'm all set :)

So a funny thing that happened to me today. The supervisor of the 3rd grade building called me in to his office. Now he doesn't speak english so I came in. I had a student with me that had forgotten his books at home for 2 days in a row. I was going to make him eat lunch with me but the supervisor just chastised him and away he went. Then he offered me a chocolate.

Now you'd think it wouldn't be hard to accept such a gift but they had a round bottom and I couldn't get the piece of chocolate out. so I tried to pop it out of the package. I was successful..except it popped out and hit the supervisor before falling to the floor!
He looked at me and said "Why!?!" I could just say "sorry, it was stuck" The other one next to it came out with much less trouble and then he motioned that I could go. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment