Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An amazing Photo! Lion coming at you


These are all "retweets" that I found through http://amazingpics.posterous.com/. I couldn't help but share some of my favorites I saw tonight.


Copyright: Marsel van Oosten
Camera: Nikon D3
Lens: AF-S 24-70/2.8
Focal Length: 40 mm
Shutter Speed: 1/5000 sec.
Aperture: 5.6
ISO/Film: 800

In the words of the Photographer:
"As with most wildlife shots, there was quite a bit of luck involved to get this shot - after all, with wild animals you never know what's going to happen. Most wildlife photographers use long tele lenses to photograph potentially dangerous animals, and that is probably a wise thing to do. However, wide angle shots are often more dynamic, more in your face, so that's what I wanted to try in South Africa with lions. I used a radio controlled remote and shot from a handheld monopod, turned upside down, without getting out of the car. It's my secret (well, not anymore) technique to get low level perspective shots with wide angle lenses, while remaining flexible and without running the risk of getting eaten. This male lion did not appreciate the clicks coming from the grass very much, and decided to charge the D3. I guess he was more the Canon type."

This man is pretty clever and a bit gutsy with using his equipment.


No comments:

Post a Comment