6 Things I learned while on the Nisantasi Photowalk with the Istanbul Photoclub.
1. never trust your camera screen, if it looks light at all on a sunny day it'll be blown out on the computer.
2. If it's a sunny day don't even think about shooting under a 100 shutter speed. Scratch that, don't shoot under 200. (It's been a while since I've shot during the 'hot' part of the day).
3. People really don't mind having their photo taken if you first smile at them and treat them as more than just a subject.
4. If you want to make a dress or anything creative with GORGEOUS fabrics, go to Nisantasi.
5. (something I already knew) Bring an all-purpose lens or just try to stick to one lens while doing a photowalk so you aren't trying to constantly change. 18-135mm or something that gives you a nice range of wide angle-prime-zoom is best.
6. When shooting during the harsh daylight, try to expose for the sky a bit and you can lighten up the foreground with photoshop.
Good Luck today to all participants in Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk. Have a blast!
*Photos to be added soon
Joshua Sterrett Photography