Friday, February 18, 2011

Unexpected Tropical Vacation

Have you ever gotten a surprise that was completely unexpected? 

Felt great didn't it? 

I recently bought a ticket for Jinky to come to Korea however we counted too many chickens before they hatched..because her Visa was denied the day after I bought the ticket.

It was a real downer considering a bought it with Cebu Pacific Air and in my past experience with them there is NO refund.

However, I'm not sure what Jinky did or said but she somehow secured a full refund minus a fee. 
SO, that means that I will have the 'extra' money that I had put aside and decided that it's really time to get my butt into the tropical zone of the world and enjoy some 'home' time back in the Philippines. 

The itinerary isn't set but I'll be spending some time in Palawan and plan to do a wreck dive and then we'll go to one other place. Looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation full of warmth, humidity, and WATER!  Tropical, salty, water with warm sand beneath your feet.   Ohhh how I miss the warm beaches!

On the flip side it means I have one week less to sell my old things AND to pack my bags and clean up. In fact I'll be going to the Philippines between Feb. 22-28th..which means I have to check out of my place by the 22nd.  I've got a lot of work ahead of me tonight and Monday.
I've decided that whatever I don't have sold is being donated to a church to help migrant workers in Korea who sometimes don't have enough money for basic things and can find themselves without a place to live at any moments notice.

I'll have 2 couchsurfers from Cebu over at my place tomorrow after I go to a wedding. Which is why I've got to do some major cleaning tonight. If you know me at all..I HATE packing..in fact I rarely get it done on my own. Guess I better get used to it being a solo traveler huh?  Alright, time to get to work.

So have there ever been any big surprises for you?  What were they and what did you do with them.

Last but not least, what are some of your stories of packing up 'your life' and moving on?  I know it's not easy and it's so hard deciding what to keep and what to throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment